Sunday, April 28, 2013

4-24-2013 Letter

4-24-2013


Hello everyone!

Elder Buckley is now in his second cycle here in Yonkers, and he's loving it still!! (: I can't believe I've been in the field for as long as I have been now it's super crazy but cool. And to hear that Ryan Garrison and Saul Marquez are back just blows my mind, didn't they just leave a little while ago?!?! Haha, oh man... But I'm loving it teaching the gospel here in Yonkers. As some of you may know, I recently had a baptism with Elder Pickard, my companion, and it went super well. Her name is Lily, about 35 years old, a girlfriend of one of the members Willie Quezada (He's the one from the last pic I sent, the one that baptized her). Her countenance is literally changed, it's such a crazy thing. We just went over the other day and taught a lesson about how to be a disciple and what that means, and she received it well and she wants a bible now to complement her Book Of Mormon reading, so we'll get that for her (: I'm really happy about that. And as far as those of you that are wondering, we should be having another baptism and a few more less-active reactivations come up soon, I'm hoping and praying that it works out. Something that still amazes me is that we teach 60% in Spanish and 40% in English, sometimes it even seems half and half, but I'm still learning that Spanish, it's coming along slowly but surely.

Something that I wish to do for everyone back home that reads my letters is compile a list of current investigators, what we're working with and dealing with, giving more info about them, and other crazy and cool experiences that I've been having as a person, missionary and in Yonkers and other places in total. I will do this starting tonight and have it all written out for everyone next Wednesday. Also what I want to do is compile a list of my new favorite scriptures and how I incorporate them in lessons, and just different stuff like that (:

I love everyone one of you back home, and I want you to know that I know that the gospel's true. If I can touch people's hearts through the Holy Spirit and bring the light of Christ into people's homes in the treacherous city of Yonkers, NY where the people are nasty and vile and unaccepted, the Gospel HAS to be true. To see the change that it brings in these people's lives is AMAZING and strengthens my testimony tenfold.

Be ready for a sweet cool e-mail the next week! I love you all, thank to everyone who has written!

Love, Elder Buckley 

No comments:

Post a Comment