Friday, October 25, 2013

Letter from 10-23-2013

10-23-2013

Hey everybody! Elder Buckley here still alive and preaching that Spanish here in Stamford, CO. It's been an interesting first cycle here in this place haha. We had a car for like a week and then we had to loan it temporarily to another companionship in Danberry because he was recovering from an injury. But, I pulled my back a bit and it makes the bike riding hard, so I asked for either our car back or another one if they have it as my back hurts, it's cold and the work is tough up here for us Spanish elders. We'll find out today if we can get one, I'm praying that we do. 

We actually had our bike tires slashed the other Sunday while we were at an appointment by some black dude, it was messed up! The members weren't too happy that we were back on bikes, they never are. It was weird though, I thought biking in Yonkers where it's way worse we would get slashed, but we never did. I guess if we have to keep the bikes, we won't park them in that area anymore haha. 

But, I'm having a great time here. I love the members and the area, it's all so great, and it's the hard that makes it great. You really see the progression in yourself as you are put through hard situations. But, the gospel is a great comfort, so it balances itself all out and works out in the end. 

Well, as far as current investigators.... we have 3. One is Cecilia and she's cool. She's older and lives in a pretty nice place with her son. She wants to be baptized but past doubts with her husband and the church are holding her back. Her ex-husband was taking the missionary lessons and reading the Book of Mormon but stopped suddenly and kind of went off the deep end. We'll help her out though she's too nice for us not too. 

We also have Ulysses and he's the one we need help with!!! PLEASE REPLY WITH OPINIONS/RESPONSES: He loves all the things we teach him. He thinks we're nice guys. But, he doesn't believe that he has to choose a denomination or a specific religion to be saved. I see where he's at, but I can't figure out how to go about explaining the differences in our church and beliefs without offending him and... it's just tricky haha. So, if anyone could offer suggestions that'd be great. 

Well, I love all you guys. I miss home and everyone, but the mission is a cool place, one that is necessary for young men to go on to develop the characteristics and other attributes they need to be successful and good people. Please know I love you all, you're in my prayers, and thanks for all the support you've given me! 


Love,
Elder Buckley

No comments:

Post a Comment