Monday, August 19, 2013

8-7-2013 Excerpts from personal letters to my family!

8-7-2013

...We're doing well over here in Yonkers, same old, same old, except for that the weather is a ton nicer right now. I'm still living with Elder R, love that kid, but now it's my comp Elder H, and Elder O. I love both of those guys, everybody is great. And yes, I'm slowly getting the new area down and integrated, it's just so hard. All those members are used to sisters, and are weird around the elders, but its fine (:


 ...Heavenly Father never has and never will give us more than we can handle, I can testify to that.

...We had an awesome week, let me write to you what I wrote to President: "This week has been pretty decent, and I hope yours has been as well. Elder H and I are doing quite well, and really I only wish to relate one experience to you that we had this past Tuesday evening. We had one of our members, Hermana T, set up something really cool for us missionaries to participate in. We have this park next to an old police station here in Yonkers, and there was an event in the which the police, other officials and specifically the mayor, gathered together and walked around all these tables with different events, free things, and other offers. She got us a table and we set up a great table with a lot of materials, and we got to talk to so many people. We taught a lot of lessons and shared with many people, gained new investigators, and even saw some really less-active members and got to reconnect with them. It was a great experience that us and the English elders got to enjoy, and it really gave me a stronger assurance of how strong and helpful, as well as essential, the members are. I hope you have a great week President, and that the family is happy and safe."

...Our members really are awesome and they help so much.

...One of the things I've loved to study about lately is faith and hope and how they intertwine. Romans 8: 24-25 and then Moroni 7: 40-43 are really good with this. One of my favorites of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment