Monday, August 19, 2013

8-14-2013 Letter

8-14-2013

Hey all! 

I know it's been a while, but Elder Buckley is here, still in Yonkers! For those of you who don't know, I am currently training, just over 6 months in the field, and now am working 2 areas! Pretty crazy being the only Spanish missionaries in Yonkers right now. We take on a lot, but coming back to our ghetto apartment each night, tired as all get out, is a good feeling.

Gotta make a quick shout-out to Saul Marquez, giving thanks for visiting me in Yonkers while he was in New York. It was a good time, pretty cool to say the least. I'll always appreciate it.

So, as far as the work goes right now, it's going decently well now, especially for the summer time. We are getting some cool new investigators and some cool results from the awesome activities that we hold, like English class and noche de amistad. Fun stuff. Also, the weather here is cooling down and getting a lot nicer. It's a beautiful day today, and there not a lot of humidity. Thankfully, it was hard with the humidity, so nasty. Especially not having a car for that time.

Elder H and I are doing quite well, getting along great and working the areas well. Members are great, things are going smoothly but a little slower, which I can't complain about. The life of a missionary.

So, I'll probably only be in Yonkers for 1 more transfer cycle which is weird to think about. Most Spanish training is done with 2 cycles then they take over the area, although I was trained for 3. We'll see!! (: Any guesses as to where I'm going next?? City or far upstate? E-mail me and we'll see who guesses it! Hahaha.

Well, I hope everyone is doing well and that everything is going good back home. I miss it, but I know I am doing the right thing by being out here and there's no other place I'd rather be right now. Love you all, have a great week. I'll send some pics a little later this week.

Love,


Elder Buckley 

No comments:

Post a Comment